Even though the last few days have been unseasonably warm, a smart new Yorker knows it’s not going to last. So before we go out chomping on kale and trying to get our beach bods back, let’s take some time to enjoy the best part about winter, comfort food! We’ve made a list of the Top 5 New York City Food Trucks for getting your belly full of warm comfy goodness. We’ll keep the salads on hold until spring.
GORILLA CHEESE NYC
1. Now while comfort food does come in many forms, there is one ingredient that sort of ties the entire genre together. Melted cheese. So naturally Gorilla Cheese has been our go to for comfort to go.
2. Another friend of ours who has mastered the art of melting cheese between bread… Phil’s Steaks. Bringing the pride of joy of Philly to the streets of NYC.
JOLLY FAT PIG
3. When the days are cold and dark we can always turn to some slow braised BBQ pork to warm the body and soul. The Jolly Fat Pig will keep your belly full and is always served with a #smile.
4. Now when it comes to really packing the warm savory gooey flavors of winter into most scrumptious bites per capita… Dub Pies takes the cake (or rather takes the pie?) All the warm comforts of down under right in your hand.
THE MAC TRUCK
5. The Mac Truck is a truck completely dedicated to creating new innovative Mac and Cheese styling’s. Normally we aren’t ones to try to fix what ain’t broke, but we have no problem with covering our Mac with bacon!
- Your friends at the New York Food Truck Association
PS: LOVE food trucks? Share your favorite #foodtrucklunch on instagram & tag #NYFTA @NYFTA.